Sunday, June 16, 2013

Inspriing Story

Earlier today I received a private messge on fanfiction.net about WN and M&A, and found it inspiring. I asked permission to share part of her message with you all.....maybe it will inpsire you too.

After reading M&A and being touched by Jasper and Riley's stories, she wanted to do something to help but wasn't in a place to financially do so. However, she has two gay neighbors who are into extreme couponing, like the TV show. Their couponing leads to a lot of extra goods, both food and household. They asked her advice on what to do with the extra supplies and she said "I swear Riley's flirty face popped into my mind, tilted his head toward his shelter and winked, and I thought, "Oh!"

She then googled homeless shelters in her city and discovered there are 31 of them. So they have been taking the extra items to the shelters. How amazing is that? How many people they are helping with their couponing and then taking the time and effort to deliver the items.

She finished the message with:

"So even though I was shy to write to you I really really wanted you to know that they are people -who have never heard of you- in a city you've never heard of- that are being fed today. Because of you."

I am honored beyond words.

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, so inspiring. What a great woman to go and do something. You are so inspirational to many. It must be so humbling to know how you have touched so many so deeply. You have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rebecca. Yes it is, her and her friends are inspriational, had to share what theyve done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. To quote Howie Mandel "That is Amazing".

    The stories you have written are so inspirational and bring to light so many things that people don't or try not to think about.

    hunger, shelter, depression, drug addition, spinal cord injury, just to name a few

    Thank you

    **I would like to ask your permission to mention this on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you, JoAnn.

    I like to write about challenges people face, and how they react. I like flawed characters, I find them more interesting, and of course, they allow for a lot of angst.

    Yes, of course, I'd be honored. xo

    ReplyDelete