Saturday, June 1, 2013

Maybe it's the Fanfic author in me....

but I enjoy and love interacting with readers, and am used to hearing from them after each chapter, so it's been bit strange to not have that with CtS, hearing their thoughts along the way. I've enjoyed reading the reviews, both good and bad, on GR etc, and have wanted to thank everyone who read, reviewed, rated, ranted....but not sure if that is "acceptable" protocol, if the readers wouldn't like it or feel uncomfortable.

Opinions? Readers out there....do you like it when an author comments on a review, or does it feel invasive?

Writers, how do you handle reviews or comments on public sites, i.e not to you directly on facebook or twitter?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't started reading CtS yet, I'm still savouring M&A which I just adored and am contemplating re-reading before I read anything new. I was thinking about Aro last night and what happened to him. I think way too much about the characters I read about LOL. That is most definitely a credit to you!

    However in answer to your question, I would love an author comment if I had submitted a review. Particularly if there was a question about something, it would be amazing to hear what the author was thinking when writing that part etc. Some things might be hard to address ie people who think there is too much sex as that is such a personal preference.

    Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Aro, well i would imagine he is still a driver for the Service, training new boys like he did Jasper.

    funny you should say that about the sex, some reviews for CtS have said that...and i thought, pft, it ain't nothing compared to m&a haha

    Thanks for the comment, i think i'm going to go with my gut and comment on them, it just seems too odd not to

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your stories very much! I enjoy rereading M&A from time to time. There are so many touching moments in it! I was so excited to discover you had a new story! I bought it on amazon at once. Thank you for writing. I would be grateful if you shared your thoughts on reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you vershch, for reading m&a, and for the new story, i appreciate it very much. So glad you enjoyed m&a!

    ReplyDelete